Saturday, October 4, 2014

Haven (Syfy TV)






I guess you can see what my preference has been for TV shows.  I started watching Haven during the first season and wasn't too sure whether I liked it or not.  Part of the reason I started watching was due to Eric Balfour.  Always thought he was a good actor.  First time I saw Balfour was on the pilot episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  Problem with that was his character was killed.  Next time I saw him was on an episode of West Wing.  Kept thinking that this kid needed to get a featured role somewhere then I saw the ads for Haven.  Liked Stephen King to a degree, so, started watching.

The series itself has done well from a story telling point of view.  The mythology leading to where they are now in the 5th season.  I would say things are getting weird, but that would depend on I consider weird.  With the change of Audrey to Mara and the introduction of William a new wrinkle has been added to the show.  I am just not sure if these wrinkles work yet.  Last season with the havoc that William was causing and the production looking like it might be wrapping up soon, I figured that the show would try and wrap everything up in a nice little bow.  Boy, was I wrong. 

I have really liked this show.  Just do not have any idea where it is going.  Normally, I would like the guessing.  However, this time around just not sure if I really care.  Will give it a few more episodes to see if some of my assumptions are true and certain people that they believe are dead happen to not be. 

Oh, and some of the 'troubles' that people are having are really starting to be ridiculous.  One woman had laser beams coming out of her body.  What?  I think they can do better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment