Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Princess Bride (1987)






This has got to be in my top 5.  The Princess Bride has everything.  Yes, the movie can appear cartoonish.  Yes, the movie is a bit campy.  But here is the thing.  The fight scene between Westley (played by Cary Elwes) and Inigo (played by Mandy Patinkin) has no rival.  I have seen a lot of sword fighting over the years and this fight is the best. 

As you can see I will have nothing buy praise for this movie.  I recently sat my 7 year old daughter down to watch it with me and she absolutely loved it.  For a 7 year old, it was a bit scary in the fire swamp scenes and she really wanted Prince Humperdink to die.

I highly recommend this film be passed down generation to generation.  And yes, this truly is a film for everyone.  If you do not like this film, please seek therapy.

Oh, one other thing....it has Andre the Giant in to.  If you don't know who Andre is, look him up.

Again, brilliant film.

No comments:

Post a Comment